Who Needs This Service
We are all in need of fellow Christian brothers and sisters to come along side us as we strive to live for Christ. As important as this is for anyone, it is even more important for those who have been isolated from their family and society because of addictive behaviors.
Studies show that Christian aftercare can reduce recidivism to as little as 15% and without this type of assistance, in as little as two years, as many as 75% of men released from confinement will return to their former life.
What do residents experience?
Stephen’s House evaluates each applicant and provides mentors to assist with:
- Walking in and living out the principles God has established for all of us
- Finding a church home and enrolling in weekly Bible studies
- Housing, clothing, furniture
- Finding and maintaining employment
- Uniting individuals with family when it is safe and healthy
- Money management
Men Residing at Stephen’s House
- work a full-time job outside of Stephen’s House;
- establish consistent involvement in church;
- learn the principals of financial integrity; and
- take personal responsibility for their actions.
“Let’s think about how we can spur each other on to be loving and do good things. Let’s get together . . . and encourage one another.”
Hebrews 10:24-25 (paraphrase)
All applications will be considered.
Approval is based upon availability and determination that Stephen’s House is a suitable placement for the applicant. Staff and leadership will make that determination on an individual basis. Residents stay a minimum of 6 months to one year and are required to follow our Stephen’s House Covenant Agreement, which covers the rules, curfews and requirements of our home.
Please print the following documents to apply. If you have any questions, Contact Us.
“For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”